A collection of links that I find entertaining, useful, and more often than not both. However, if you're after links to satisfy your aesthetic urges, then go ahead and click here. Alternatively, you could be in the mood to make your own site, in which case you'll want to go here.
The sites I frequent the most.
- Cameron's World If you've ever wanted to see what the world wide web was like back when it was a lawless funhouse, then this is for you.
- Just the Recipe Removes the unnecessary and unwanted jumble that plagues almost all recipe sites.
- Retro Pokemon TCG An extensive crawl through the original Pokemon trading card game or TCG. This is an absolute blast from the past for anyone who experienced Pokemon madness at its peak.
- SomaFM Music streaming that's supported by the listeners and channels that put on easygoing music to get you into the groove.
- The Insidious Bogleech The Monster Mash as a website, all there for you to peruse.
- The Punctuation Guide Get rid of any doubts you may have regarding periods, commas, and more.
- Yesterweb Do not browse if you're pressed for time. You will lose hours going through the gingerly curated links on this site.
Favorite YouTube Channels
What I tend to watch during my downtime. Some channels aren't safe for humanity, so proceed to click with caution.
- Ashens Let a brown couch and pair of hands regale you with probes into all kinds of crap.
- Recommended video: Whole Chicken in a Can
- Babish Culinary Universe If you've always wanted to recreate your favorite dish from the thing (e.g. television show, cartoon, what-have-you), then let Babish and his colleagues teach you how. More basic dishes are covered as well.
- Recommended video: The Every-Meat Burrito from Regular Show
- brutalmoose Food investigations, movie reviews, video game scrutinies- this man does it all in a way that only be described as "enjoyably chaotic."
- Recommended video: Hungry-Man - TV Dinner Reviews
- Comic Tropes A must-watch channel for anyone with even a passing interest in comics.
- Recommended video: Shoujo Manga's Origins are Insane
- Josh Strife Plays Very thorough analyses of video games from the past and present. Also runs a more well-known YouTube channel devoted to critiquing massively multiplayer online role-playing games or MMORPGs.
- Recommended video: Was it Good? - Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
- Larry Bundy Jr Fill your brain with odd and hilarious gaming facts, courtesy of the winner of the Channel Awesome Hunger Games.
- Recommended video: The Driv3rGate Scandal: The Full Story (DriverGate)
- LGR A casual yet informative jaunt that looks at the software and hardware of yesteryear.
- Recommended video: LGR Tech Tales - Y2K: The Year 2000 Problem
- ManyKudos Unearths the tongue-waggly scandals that once plagued video games and tangentially related media.
- Recommended video: The Concise History of Yandere Dev [Ft. Justin Whang]
- minimme Expand your knowledge of video games by including some unknown ones.
- Recommended video: Deadly Dozen Reloaded - A remake of a game no one played
- MisoHungrie Pop culture cookbooks and recipes tested and tasted to determine if they're worth your money.
- Recommended video: Is the ONE PIECE Cookbook any good?
- Nitro Rad A highly underrated YouTuber who makes videos that mostly cover platformers and horror games.
- Recommended video: Bubsy 3D - Nitro Rad
- Slope's Game Room On top of making videos that go over the history of some beloved video game franchises, this YouTuber also casts a spotlight on the scams that proliferate crowdfunding sites.
- Recommended video: KickScammers: The VEGA+ Scandal - SGR
- Strictly Fantasy Lore videos on the Legacy of Kain series narrated by a soothing voice.
- Recommended video: Legacy of Kain | A Character Study
- The JWittz Claims to be all about the Nintendo universe, but also dives into trading card games and their spinoffs.
- Recommended video: Why the Digimon Card Game FAILED in the West
- TotallyPointlessTV Meticulously crafted video essays on some forgotten or terrible video games.
- Recommended video: The Most Underrated Horror Franchise Ever
- Wendigoon A cozy exploration of topics that run the gamut from outright disturbing to uncomfortably strange.
- Recommended video: Mystery Flesh Pit National Park
- Whang! A delver/discusser of "Innanet stuff." Gird your loins for lots of poop.
- Recommended video: The Silent Hill Circumcision Meltdown - Tales From the Internet
Favorite YouTube VideosSpecific videos that I love. Be aware of potential mature content.
- $21,948,297 to Bankrupt In 24 Hours Always think before you speak, and don't be a butt in general.
- AI-Scripted Batman Comic "I have never followed a rule. That is my rule. Do you follow? I don't."
- Annie (2014): A Heartless Reboot One man's passion for a musical makes for good entertainment.
- Bean Dad: The Internet's Most Hated Father How not to parent.
- Debunking DEADLIEST craft hack, 34 dead Ignore the clickbait-y title, this video goes over why you should never attempt fractal wood burning.
- From Gaming Legend To Internet Trashfire | The Tragic Tale of Narcissa Wright|| A cautionary tale on the meteoric rise and fall of a speedrunning legend.
- Generation I Pokemon Cries Explained Very technical and very interesting.
- How Telltale Went Broke What happened to a once-beloved video game company.
- I Ate Only Food from ONE PIECE for 24 Hours It's enough to make you think you're on the Thousand Sunny.
- Is Squidward Really a Bad Artist? Something we've all wondered at one point.
- Ken Penders: The Weirdest Sonic Writer The man, the myth, the legend, the creator of echidnas both in comics and IRL.
- Kingpin's Origin but Everything is a product of his WEIGHT The most depressing supervillain origin story.
- Purr Cat Cafe When a Crazy Cat Lady tries to run her own cat cafe.
- Spoony: Final Fantasy X review (Full, No Skits) From a simpler time.
- The Bargain Hunt Ordering online may not always be for the best.
- The Failure of Reddit Island What could have been hell on earth.
- The Nintendo character with zero Google results Discovering one who fell through the cracks.
- This is Where Naruto Got His Run We wouldn't have Naruto without this.
- Tumblr's Failed Convention: The Story of Dashcon A documentary on the biggest Tumblr-adjacent disaster. May or may not have also snuffed out SuperWhoLock.
- What Went Wrong? - Hello Neighbor Don't care much for the game, but its bizarre metamorphosis as it neared release is fascinating.
- When Animal Planet Made Up a Bunch of Stuff It was a weird time.
- YMS: Kimba the White Lion Witness a man become the world's foremost expert on all things Kimba.
Not-so-easy (and by that I mean scary) listening for when you're on the go.
- Asia in the Shadows Learn of some of the worst crimes committed all across Asia.
- Lore More than two hundred episodes shine a light on the dark corners of the world.
- Revelations Three years, six episodes, and one strange and disturbing organization in the center of it all.
- Stories After Dark True crime tales from the Philippines, some infamous and some forgotten.
- Stories With Sapphire Journey through the paranormal with a pansexual Filipino-American as your guide.
- Unexplained Mysteries From the Chupacabra to cattle mutilations to the strange death of actress Natalie Wood, this podcast goes over these mysteries and tries to explain the stories behind them.
- Wag Kang Lilingon Podcast Two ladies talk about local and international horrors, all while peppering some jokes in between.